Fostering Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) and undergoing digital transformation are both long and winding journeys that every company will have to embark on sooner or later.
Your future employees will expect nothing less than a diverse, inclusive and technology-savvy environment, where collaboration is encouraged and streamlined.
You see, D&I goes hand-in-hand with digital transformation. Together, they enable you to create the workplace of the future – a people-centric, “human” environment in which employees are enabled to deliver outstanding solutions and customer experiences – an environment that will attract high performers from all walks of life.
There’s a lot that these two journeys have in common:
- Both affect the entire company and its culture. Are you headed firmly for the future, or paddling around the back waters? The energy your company gives off will determine the type of employees it attracts.
- The “band aid approach” won’t work. Neither of these journeys will be easy. They both require careful planning and sound strategies.
- Both are most likely to succeed when driven by the CEO. Initiatives of this magnitude affect everyone. The CEO needs to take courage and lead with vision.
- Both require careful input from the CIO and CHRO. The ball is no longer firmly in the CIO’s court, the workplace of the future is all about people and the CHRO becomes a vital leader.
Technology as an enabler of Diversity & Inclusion
Here at vi by Aderant, we create easy-to-use employee integration, retention and diversity software modules that plug into a company’s HR solution. These platforms are a great example of how digital transformation and D&I complement each other:
The software enables HR teams to:
- Track how well diverse employees settling in and doing over the long term
- Implement and monitor real-time, two-way performance reviews
- Create tailored employee retention plans
- Create an internal gigs board to encourage cross-department collaboration
- Implement important initiatives like mentorship programs, affinity groups etc.
You can learn more about it here: https://vibyaderant.com/2019/01/22/how-to-manage-a-diverse-team/
Ready to see our Diversity & Inclusion platform in action?
We’d love to take you through a quick demo so that you can see how quick and easy our solution is.